Topic: 63 year old 3 years out from frontal repair by Dr. Lindsey (Read 288 times) previous topic - next topic

63 year old 3 years out from frontal repair by Dr. Lindsey

Take a look at this guy. He came in with not a bad look...but he'd had a low density hair transplant locally. And indeed when we outline where he wants hair..you can see how sparse it was. We packed him with 1200 grafts and as usual, didn't hear from him til he walked in a few weeks ago. His hair is fantastic. Now, I get part of the credit but alot of the credit goes to this guy simply having perfect hair to work with. Its coarse, with a good color match, and he styles it perfectly. Its easy to get good results with that combo!

https://youtu.be/aWwHOkBPxmk

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

Re: 63 year old 3 years out from frontal repair by Dr. Lindsey

Reply #1
Excellent result.
Soft and natural hairline that blends beautifully with the rest of his hair.
Your comment about "hair greed" is spot on. Once a person realizes that their hair transplant looks natural and satisfying their usually comes a point where they say to themselves: "Why not get more"?
He did well going to you for his hair transplant.
Great job.

Reply #2
Dr. Lindsey,

Great presentation. It goes to show that both the characteristics of the patient's hair and the skill and approach of the clinic make a big difference when it comes to results.

Dr. Blake M. Bloxham | Hair Restoration Physician
Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC | www.fellermedical.com
(Please note: my advice does not constitute medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.)

Reply #3
Your comment about "hair greed" is spot on. Once a person realizes that their hair transplant looks natural and satisfying their usually comes a point where they say to themselves: "Why not get more"?

Very true. And this is one of the reasons why donor preservation is so important; you never know when and if you will "want" more hair in the future, so we must keep in the donor area in the best shape possible and preserve grafts for potential future procedures.

This is one of the many reasons why I prefer starting with the FUT approach in patients -- like Dr. Lindsey and the original doctor did with this patient. As we see here, the patient was able to undergo a second harvest with an excellent outcome because the first procedure as done as an FUT. The only area of unusable, "damaged" tissue from the first procedure was the small and confined area of the incision line scar; everything above, below, and around this area was untouched and available for his second surgery. This allowed Dr. Lindsey to go back in, achieve the graft number needed, and still leave a very minimal amount of "damage" in the donor -- a single 1mm incision line scar. The patient can likely undergo more FUT harvesting in the future -- using the same incision line and not creating a new scar -- and if not, he now has all the untouched area around the incision line ready for FUE harvesting. This is the beauty of starting with strip.

The same, unfortunately, cannot be said about starting with a large FUE procedure. Starting with a large FUE harvest requires the doctor to extract from the entire donor area and it leaves no "virgin" tissue for future harvests. This means all the tissue in the entire donor area is now surgically affected and it is uncertain how it will respond to future harvests.
Dr. Blake M. Bloxham | Hair Restoration Physician
Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC | www.fellermedical.com
(Please note: my advice does not constitute medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.)

Reply #4
"The same, unfortunately, cannot be said about starting with a large FUE procedure. Starting with a large FUE harvest requires the doctor to extract from the entire donor area and it leaves no "virgin" tissue for future harvests. This means all the tissue in the entire donor area is now surgically affected and it is uncertain how it will respond to future harvests." - Dr Bloxham

I completely agree with Dr. Bloxham.
Almost all hair transplants should start with FUT. And only after FUT is no longer option should FUE be considered.
I have seen too many patients who have started with FUE simply not have enough donor area left to make any significant cosmetic difference.

Reply #5
Thank you for the kind words.
William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS
Hair Transplant Surgeon | Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and Head & Neck Surgeon
www.drwilliamlindsey.com | McLean, VA

Reply #6
Your patient must be extremely happy with the improvement in his hairline Dr. Lindsey. Great job. And might I add that you have some list of credentials there doc.

Simple Audio Video Embedder