Topic: Hairline repair result and persisting hair greed by Dr. Lindsey (Read 88 times) previous topic - next topic

Hairline repair result and persisting hair greed by Dr. Lindsey

Take a look at this guy's hairline.  First off he had a low yield strip case elsewhere that was a bit too low on his forehead...but once the hairline was put there, he and I just opted to pack it.  He looks fantastic and of course...has a bit of hair greed thinking that just a couple more placed here or there would finish him off....  It might finish off his bank account but there is no place to put any more hair on his hairline right now.  I told him to spend that money on another ski trip and roll back in in a few years.

His video is:

http://youtu.be/Q3wiAkpUlDY

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS
Hair Transplant Surgeon | Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and Head & Neck Surgeon
www.drwilliamlindsey.com | McLean, VA

Re: Hairline repair result and persisting hair greed by Dr. Lindsey

Reply #1
Dr. Lindsey,

Truly an excellent result. Kudos!

I think you bring up a very good point when regard to hairlines started "too" low and what to do about it. I frequently see patients from other clinics where the hairline was started a good amount lower than I would have started it, but not low enough where it would be unethical to simply improve upon it as you did here. I find that it is most often better to try and improve the density and appearance of the current hairline opposed to removing grafts and re-starting it at a more appropriate level -- which I believe often leaves very prominent visible scarring that patients are not happy with.

What is your rule for "packing it out" versus doing some removal and trying to start it at a more appropriate level?

Regardless, the approach worked beautifully here and the patient looks excellent. A truly envious hairline.
Dr. Blake M. Bloxham | Hair Restoration Physician
Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC | www.fellermedical.com
(Please note: my advice does not constitute medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.)

Simple Audio Video Embedder