Topic: What our patients' female friends say.... (Read 407 times) previous topic - next topic

What our patients' female friends say....

Here's a brief video of a few of our patients' female friends commenting on our work.

Dr. Lindsey

Re: What our patients' female friends say....

Reply #1
This was an excellent video. Thank you for posting it Dr. Lindsey.

I never thought of interviewing the wives or girlfriends of my patients. This was a good idea.
Clearly these are not seasoned actresses and I applaud them for allowing themselves to be videoed in an effort to help men other than their better halves. These women were certainly honest. Even brutally honest as one said she would not date bald men. Wow!

I have a question. Do you find that most patients are comfortable enough with their wives/girlfriends to tell them they are going to have a hair transplant, or do you find most try to hide the fact ?

Reply #2
I'd guess its half and half.  The ones with the females that are supportive really do have a better experience though.  They get taken care of...and while its not a bad week....its more pleasant if you have a person caring for you.

Dr. L
William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS
Hair Transplant Surgeon | Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and Head & Neck Surgeon
www.drwilliamlindsey.com | McLean, VA

Reply #3
I'd guess its half and half.  The ones with the females that are supportive really do have a better experience though.  They get taken care of...and while its not a bad week....its more pleasant if you have a person caring for you.

Dr. L

I find about the same percentage in my patients. Around half of the male patients -- particularly the young patients -- will include their girlfriends, fiances, etc, in the process and most will actually have them come to the clinic on the day of the consult and the procedure. The other half clearly want to keep the transplant a secret and seem to go to great lengths to do so.

The irony -- as you noted -- is that almost all the female companions who are "included" in the transplant seem to go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of the patient in the post-op. I typically end up giving the post-operative instructions to them at the end of the day, and they are often the ones emailing and calling with updates and questions during the post-op. So, these patients likely have a much more comfortable and enjoyable post-op period. I also think most significant others are open to being this helpful and supportive if asked to be included in the process.
Dr. Blake M. Bloxham | Hair Restoration Physician
Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC | www.fellermedical.com
(Please note: my advice does not constitute medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.)

Reply #4
My wife is very supportive and understood since we were dating how important my hair was to me. She will be with me for my procedure with Dr. Bloxham but she's going to hit the Miracle Mile Shopping mall as you suggested Dr. Bloxham. Hope my credit card still works after that ! :D

Simple Audio Video Embedder